When moving having a handy checklist of steps can be the difference between everything going smoothly or adding more stress to an already stressful time.
This is what to do so your car shipping process is as easy and stress free as possible.
Inform the car hauler if your car has:
- any oversize, after market parts. (tires, lift package, non removable racks etc)
- is it lower that 4 inches from the ground (especially if you had it done aftermarket)
- special steps needed to drive or stop the vehicle
- soft top convertible (safer to load on top)
- any fluid leaks ( they can ruin the vehicle below if placed on top)
Preferably you will want to get this info to your driver days ahead of time so they can be prepared and or find a carrier that is able to accomadate your needs.
A few days before your ship date:
- Keep your gas tank around 1/4 to 1/8 of capacity
- Wash the car
- empty it of any personal items
- check battery, inflate tires and top off fluids
- leave only paperwork required by carrier
The morning of pickup:
- take pictures of car. Inside, Outside, odometer. If using a cellphone enable geo tagging otherwise sign and date the pics. (useful in case of damage)
- remove toll tags and parking passes
- disable the alarm
And don't forget to stay in touch with your driver!
For a general estimate of transport time check out